Narrator - *`*Shoving the dead guard aside, Rompi drops to her knees, lockpicks already in hand. Ezoe presses against Mira’s cell, staring at the inert form inside and muttering.*`*
[[Continue | Ezoe1]]Rompi - Enough yappin’! She can’t hear ya and it’s doin’ my head in.
[[Continue | First Choice]]Ezoe - Mira, can you hear me? I come for you. It’s Ezoe. *Ezoe!*
[[Continue | Rompi1]]1. [[`*Shrug and tell Rompi to relax. The elf’s clearly harmless.*` | 1-1]]
2. [[`*Agree with the dwarf. Why’s Ezoe chattering so much anyway?*` |1-2]]
3. [[`*Tell them both to hush. There are bigger priorities—not getting eaten high among them.*` |Rompi2]]Rompi - Bah! Can’t find a hole to piss in, much less one ta put a key through.
[[Continue | Ezoe2]]Ezoe - She *never* forgets this face, but I give her my name, too. She’s not losing it.
[[Continue |1-2b]]Narrator - *`*Rompi grumbles but doesn’t argue. Ezoe smiles his thanks.*`*
[[Continue |Rompi2]]Rompi - Yer gonna lose yer tongue if you don’t clam up.
[[Continue |Rompi2]]Ezoe - There isn’t a lock to pick. It’s magic. The only one with the password lies in his own blood. Before you ask, I’m *not* doing it.
[[Continue | Second Choice]]1. [[`*Dark days and darker deeds. Tell the elf it’s up to him to get the password now.*` |Rompi3]]
2. [[`*Repulsed, vow not to subject the elf to further torture.*` |Rompi3]]
3. [[`*Tell the elf to just eat the guard already. He isn’t exactly vegan.*` |Rompi3]]Rompi - My brother might still be alive. He ain’t dyin’ ‘cause some damn elf’s lost his appetite. Get on with it. Someone’s comin’!
[[Continue | Third Choice]]1. [[`*With a nod to Rompi, you both tackle the elf, forcing blood into his mouth.*` | 3-1]]
2. `[INTIMIDATE]` [[`*Tell Rompi to back off. Doing this is unforgivable. There must be another way.*` | 3-2]]
3. `[REASON]` [[`*Explain to Ezoe that it’s the only option. He has to do it for Mira.*` | 3-3]]Narrator - *`*Ezoe looks murderous as he spits and struggles to stand.*`*
[[Continue | Rompi4]]Narrator - *`*Moved by your words, the elf peers once more in at Mira. His resolve returns and he reaches for the corpse.*`*
[[Continue | Rompi4]]Narrator - *`*Ezoe nods, and slowly brings a cupped hand of the guard’s blood to his lips.*`*
[[Continue | Rompi4]]Rompi - The others’ll be here any second. Out with it, elf!
[[Continue | Ezoe3]]Narrator - `*Ezoe shudders and whispers the password. The group piles into the cell.*`
[[Continue | Fourth Choice]](1) [[`*Rush forward and shake Mira awake. There’s no time to waste.*` |Narrator2]]
(2) [[`*After seeing the coast is clear, gently rouse the prisoner.*` |Narrator2]]
(3) [[`*Let Ezoe make the first move.*` |Narrator2]]Narrator - *`*The prisoner looks at Ezoe. A brief spark of knowing is washed away by confusion.*`*
[[Continue | Mira1]]Mira - Who ‘er you? I don’t know yer face.
[[Continue | Ezoe4]]Ezoe - I can’t . . . Y-you don’t know me? It’s your Ezoe. She doesn't . . . We’re too late . . .
[[Continue | Rompi5]]Rompi - Bah! You’re wastin’ yer time. She’s cracked as cobbles!
[[Continue | Mira2]]Mira - Rumples? Ya never shoulda come. Catch ya and eat ya, they will. Ya need to run!
[[Continue | Narrator3]]Narrator - *`*The prisoner musses her hair . . . the action eerily familiar to Rompi.*`*
[[Continue | Rompi6]]Rompi - Ya . . . ya ate him. Ya ate my brother. Ya demon devil. I’ll skin yer damn bones!
[[Continue | Ezoe5]]Ezoe - You don’t dare come near! Can you not see her mind is a wasteland?
[[Continue | Fifth Choice]]1. [[`*Stand with Ezoe. The acts were monstrous, but they weren’t Mira’s choice.*` | 5-1]]
2. [[`*The dwarf’s right. Step aside as Rompi launches herself at Mira.*` | 5-2]]
3. `[WARDEN]` [[`*Order the dwarf to stand back. Justice shall be served by your hand.*` | 5-3]]Ezoe - I risk blood and memory for her. You won’t touch her while I breathe to stand.
[[Continue | 5-1b]]Narrator - *`*Rompi drags the elf to the floor, dagger in hand . . . and sees only her brother’s eyes in Mira’s. The dwarf succumbs to her grief, blade dropping.*`*
[[Continue | 5-2b]]Narrator - *`*Before Ezoe can protest, Mira is struck down. The elf falls to his knees, wails reverberating through the stones as he cradles his lifeless love. An alarm sounds.*`*
[[Continue | 5-3a]]Narrator - *`*An instant, a flash of steel, and Ezoe lies dead on the floor. Horrified at what she’s done, Rompi flees.*`*
[[Continue | 5-1c]]Mira - Wait for me, Rumples! Ya can’t leave me in here to rot!
[`[End]`]Mira - Why ain’t ya killed me? Ya looked like ya was gonna kill me, Rumples.
[[Continue | 5-2c]]Rompi - Sometimes you’ll give anythin’ so ya don’t have to let go.
[[Continue | 5-2d]]Narrator - `*The dwarf refuses to look at anyone, her tears falling fast. A broken Ezoe coaxes Mira outside. Soon more blood will need to be shed.*`
[`[End]`]Rompi - They all gotta die now. Don’t much matter where we start.